FLORENCE, Ore. -- Lane County deputies are searching for a man accused in a shooting on the Oregon Coast.
Deputies said they responded to Peace Harbor Hospital on Monday, July 29, at about 5:50 p.m. where a person was being treated for a gunshot wound to the leg.
Authorities said the person had been shot earlier in the day in an area south of Florence off Highway 101.
The suspect has been identified as Gene Manuel Joseph, 35, according to detectives. He’s 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes and may have a long, black beard.
He is considered armed and dangerous, and you should not attempt to contact or apprehend him.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone who has seen him since Monday or knows where he is to call 541-682-4141.
- Lane County deputies search for shooting suspect
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Lane County Deputies search for a wanted man
- Deputies investigating three heroin-related shootings in Lane County
- Lane County deputy on leave pending investigations
- Lane County deputy resigns amid misconduct investigation
- Former Lane County deputy sentenced to jail
- Deputies identify suspect in Eugene shooting
- Roseburg shooting suspect arrested after K-9 search