EUGENE, Ore. -- The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a man they believe is armed and dangerous.
Deputies said Franklin Carl Lefever, 51, was seen on a surveillance camera stealing $1,200 worth of items from Mohawk Metal Company on Leghorn Avenue in West Eugene.
A company spokesman said he stole a weed whacker, two personal tool bags, batteries and two chain saws. However, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office said he could be armed and dangerous due to his criminal record dating back to 1990.
In Yamhill County, he was charged with theft in 1990. In Marion County, he was charged with personal injury in 2000 and second-degree sexual abuse in 2001.
In Douglas County, he was convicted of first-degree arson in 2000. There are two open cases in Douglas county involving the unlawful possession of methamphetamine, criminal trespassing and failure to report as a sex offender.
Last week’s burglary is his most recent alleged crime and is the first in Lane County.
J.P. Jones of Mohawk Metal said social media helped identify Lefever as a suspect in the burglary.
“This was really a social media success because Raymond Bloom, he put it up on social media, and I got him early pictures from the video, and he had it right up. It only took him about two-and-a-half hours for people to come back and let them know who it was,” Jones said.
Lefever is described as a white man about 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds, with a bald head and blue eyes. He was seen driving a 2019 white Toyota Tacoma with Oregon plates 310-LDA.
- Lane County Sheriff's Office searches for burglary suspect
- Lane County Sheriff's Office searching for missing woman
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Lane County deputies search for shooting suspect
- Lane County Sheriff's Office arrests second home invasion suspect
- Lane County Sheriff's Office seeking suspect in Dorena assault
- Lane County Sheriff's Office plans K-9 fundraiser
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Lane County Sheriff's Office locates missing hiker
- Albany police search for burglary suspect