DORENA, Ore. -- The Lane County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help locating a suspect accused of assaulting a man in Dorena last week.
James Allen Vaughn, 48, of Eugene is white, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 180 pounds and has gray hair and hazel eyes.
Deputies responded to a report of an assault in the 39200 block of Row River Road after 6 a.m. on Nov. 26. A 50-year-old Dorena resident was reportedly struck with an unknown object.
The man was left unconscious in the driveway of the residence as the suspect drove away, almost running over the victim, according to reports.
The sheriff's office said the victim was transported to a nearby hospital with substantial head trauma. There is no update on his condition at this time.
Investigators identified Vaughn as a suspect in the assault. They said he is often in Cottage Grove and the Row River Road area of Dorena.
If you have seen Vaughn or know where he is, call 541-682-4141.
Authorities said to avoid making contact with Vaughn.
- Lane County Sheriff's Office seeking suspect in Dorena assault
- Lane County Sheriff's Office arrests second home invasion suspect
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Lane County Sheriff's Office plans K-9 fundraiser
- Lane sheriff’s office plans saturation patrols
- Phone scammer claims to be with Lane County Sheriff's Office
- Lane County Sheriff’s Office Opens Fifty Additional Jail Beds
- Lane County Sheriff’s Office adds 50 beds to jail
- Lane County Sheriff's Office deputy accused of rape.
- Lane County Sheriff's Office searching for missing woman