Lane County applies for $1.35M grant for small businesses

Lane County has applied for a grant which would provide more than a million dollars in relief funding for small business owners in our area.

Posted: May 19, 2020 10:46 PM
Updated: May 19, 2020 10:47 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- Lane County has applied for a grant which would provide $1.35 million in relief funding for small business owners in the area.

"We know that we are not the only applicants, and we know that Business Oregon was probably inundated with applications yesterday, so we don't expect to hear back on the status of our application for several days or a couple of weeks," said county spokesperson Devon Ashbridge.

Ashbridge said the money could be crucial for small businesses to keep their doors open at a time when people are still wary about leaving their homes.

"In total 55% of whatever funding is awarded would be earmarked for rural businesses and the other 45% would be earmarked for businesses in the metro area," Ashbridge said. 

With rural small businesses among the hardest hit for income loss, it makes sense they would receive 55% of the funding, amounting to about $742,500. 

Ashbridge said Lane County officials are currently working on developing an application process for businesses to begin to apply once the grant is approved. 

Eugene
Cloudy
49° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 44°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 42°
Roseburg
Cloudy
50° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 50°
North Bend
Partly Cloudy
47° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 40°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events