LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- The Oregon Department of Transportation awarded the Lane Education Service District a grant to support a new drivers education initiative.
The overall goal of the initiative is to bring drivers ed courses to all high schools in Lane County by partnering school districts and private driving schools.
The first objective of the program is to train more drivers ed instructors -- so they can teach courses throughout high schools in Lane County.
Lane ESD is partnering with Western Oregon University for a 9-week driver education instructor course starting Saturday, Oct. 20.
For more information on the Lane County driver education initiative, you can contact program coordinator Sherrie Bandy at 541-461-8342.
- Lane County awarded drivers education grant
- Umpqua Community College educates future truck drivers
- Lane Arts Council receives $10,000 learning grant
- Lane County strike looms
- More ATVs could join drivers on some Lane County roads
- Rocks thrown at drivers in rural Lane County, OSP says
- Skilled to Work: Lane Education Service District holding open house
- Flu season hits Lane County
- Measles outbreak impacting Lane County
- Students of color in Lane County will benefit from new grant