EUGENE, Ore. -- A Lane County commissioner's son charged with sex crimes pleaded not guilty Tuesday and was released from the Lane County Jail after posting security.
Gabriel Peter Leiken, 23, has been charged with three counts of third-degree rape, four counts of third-degree sodomy and three counts of second-degree sexual abuse. He is the son of Sid Leiken.
The alleged victim is a minor. The crimes allegedly took place on or between Aug. 1, 2017, and Sept. 30, 2017.
KEZI 9 News reached out to Leiken’s lawyer for a statement from the man’s family.
“We of course love and support our son but are unable to comment on an ongoing court matter,” the Leiken family said.
Gabriel Leiken posted a $50,000 security and has been ordered to appear in Lane County Circuit Court Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m. for a pretrial conference.
- Lane County commissioner's son pleads not guilty to sex crimes
- Lane County Commissioners vote on AFSCME contract
- Lane County Commissioners give themselves a raise
- New Lane County commissioners sworn in
- Eugene crime spree suspect pleads guilty
- Son of former Lane County commissioner sentenced for third-degree rape
- Your Voice, Your Vote: East Lane County Commissioner
- Homeless speak out about camp at Lane County Commissioners meeting
- Incumbent Gary Williams loses East Lane County Commissioner seat
- Lane County commissioners discuss plans for $251.9M courthouse