EUGENE, Ore. -- The Lane County Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest in a rape case from 2007. Deputies said they arrested Jesse Clark, 37, of Junction City.
In May of 2007, a 41-year-old woman reported being raped. She told deputies she was having car trouble in the Eugene area when a man stopped to offer her a ride.
Deputies said that man drove her to Crow, assaulted her and left her on the side of the road.
DNA evidence was sent to the Oregon State Police Crime Lab, but at the time, there weren’t any matches.
Deputies said they recently heard from the state about a match, which led them to Clark on Aug. 2.
- Lane County deputies make arrest in rape case from 2007
- Lane County Sheriff's Office deputy accused of rape.
- Former Lane County deputy accused of raping another woman
- Lane County deputy shoots, kills suspect
- Coos County Jail expands for the first time since 2007
- Deputy accused of rape arraigned in court
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail
- Lane County Deputies search for a wanted man
- Lane County deputy fired after new sex abuse charges filed
- Lane County strike looms