EUGENE, Ore. -- Lane County is holding a plastics roundup event this weekend after recent changes in international recycling markets.
The free event will be held Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Glenwood Transfer Station, 3100 E. 17th Ave.
Bring your plastics by, but make sure they’re clean and sorted by shape and type. Also make sure to take the labels off your plastics.
“They are collecting at churches. They are collecting at farmer’s markets. They are collecting in neighborhood groups and work groups, and that is ideal,” said Kelly Bell, master recycler coordinator with Lane County. “If you’re collecting for a group full of people so you get a full car load, that’s the best way to go.”
If the event is a success, organizers said they’d like to hold another.
“If you only have a few things, I would say too that the types of things that we’re collecting during this event are a safe bet to save if you have room in your garage because if this is successful, we would like to do it again in the spring,” Bell said.
For more information on the event, click here.
- Lane County holding plastics roundup event
- Lane County plans free plastics roundup for spring
- Hazardous waste roundup scheduled in Lane County
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Lane Fire Authority holds annual 'Stuff the Truck' event
- CASA of Lane County holds back-to-school event for foster kids
- Lane County Stand Down seeks to expand event
- Lane County provides veterans with help at Stand Down event
- Lane County strike looms
- Eugene and Lane County hold joint homelessness meeting