EUGENE, Ore. -- All evacuation notifications for Lane County residents have been canceled.
County officials said water levels are expected to remain high in many areas of Lane County. They're asking residents along rivers including, but not limited to, the Row River, Coast Fork, Middle Fork, Willamette, Mohawk and McKenzie to be especially vigilant.
Lane County Emergency Management will continue to monitor water levels throughout the weekend.
The County released the following list of general safety tips and precautions:
· After the flood, start cleaning and drying out flood-affected buildings right away.
· Never turn power on or off while standing in water. If electrical circuits and electrical equipment have gotten wet or are in or near water, turn off the power at the main breaker or fuse on the service panel. If you must enter standing water to access the main power switch, then call an electrician to turn the power off.
· When attempting clean-up, wear proper equipment, including safety glasses and heavy work gloves, to protect yourself from injury.
· Dry out flooded areas of your home. Use fans and dehumidifiers to remove excess moisture as soon as possible. Weather permitting, open the windows and doors to ventilate the room.
· Once the house has dried out, remove mold from hard surfaces by washing with soap and water, and letting all washed surfaces dry completely. Bleach can be used following all label instructions, paying special attention to the precautionary statements and dilution rate.
· Check crawl spaces and basements for wet insulation, compromised mechanical and electrical systems, as flood damage may not be readily apparent.
· High winds may cause trees to fall or break. As you cut down branches and limbs, wear safety glasses and heavy work gloves. Remember to always cut at waist level or below. With an electric chain saw, use extreme caution to avoid electrical shock. Avoid contact with power lines.
· Save receipts and insurance claim information associated with clean-up and repair activities in case assistance becomes available.
- Lane County lifts all flooding evacuations
- Evacuation notices issued due to flooding in Lane County
- Lane County hosts Special Olympics lifting meet
- Burning ban lifted in Lane County due to rainfall
- Evacuations lifted in Lyons as crews fight Santiam Park Fire
- Evacuation lifted for residents in Willamette River floodplain
- 'Be ready' evacuation order lifted from Cottage Grove brush fire
- Level 1 evacuation lifted for brush fire near Jasper
- All evacuation notices lifted for homes near Milepost 97 Fire
- Lane County strike looms