EUGENE, Ore. – Lane County Public Health reported the seventh coronavirus-related death in the county on Thursday.
Officials said an 82-year-old man died Wednesday evening from coronavirus-related causes. He was a resident of the Eugene-Springfield area.
The man was not hospitalized prior to his death, officials said.
Lane County Public Health sent their condolences to the man’s friends and family.
No more information will be released at this time.
Earlier on Thursday, public health officials reported 13 new cases, bringing the total to 750, including confirmed and presumptive cases.
A total of 46 cases are considered infectious. More than 56,000 tests have been administered.
- March 14: A 60-year-old woman dies at RiverBend Hospital, the first COVID-19 death in Lane County.
- April 23: A 59-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies at a hospital.
- May 4: A 62-year-old man from rural Lane County dies of coronavirus-related causes.
- Aug. 12: A woman in her 70s dies from coroanvirus-related causes at McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center.
- Aug. 19: A 79-year-old man from outside the Eugene-Springfield area dies.
- Aug. 26: An 86-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies, the sixth death in the county.
- Sept. 2: An 82-year-old man from the Eugene-Springfield area dies.