VIDA, Ore. -- While valley locations may not have seen much snow Tuesday, other areas of Lane County got a good dusting.
Drivers along Highway 126 east of Eugene were faced with light snow, rain and slushy surfaces. The snow mainly stuck to grass and trees.
With the snow level hovering around 500 feet, towns above that like Vida and Leaburg saw the flakes.
Steve Schaefers, an area resident, said the recent snowfall doesn't concern him, but he's prepared for anything.
"We got shovels. I got things in my car. I got a first aid kit. We got a big generator if the power goes out. Went out a little bit last night, but not for very long," Schaefers said.
A couple schools canceled classes and many others were delayed for several hours as the flakes flew.
The owner of Everyone's Market in Vida said the recent snowfall is nothing compared to last year which knocked out power for more than a week.
"I personally like it. I know a lot of people like it. We get it once a year so it's not as bad. As long as the roads are clean and we don't lose power or anything, it's fine," owner Manjin Derdhami said.
Derdhami said last year the store had to use a generator for a week and a half to serve customers until the power was restored.
CJ Seguin with Webfoot Towing was fueling up in Vida and said he wishes people would slow down and take the conditions seriously.
"Everybody needs to slow down and just be patient. You know, we don't need anybody else off the road or getting hurt," Seguin said.
- Lane County residents react to snow
- Letter scam targeting Lane County residents
- Jerry's brings fire safety to Lane County residents
- Lane County officials urge residents to recycle electronics
- Oregon premiere of Vietnam documentary produced by Lane County residents
- Smoke from Terwilliger Fire impacts Lane County residents
- South Lane County residents speak up about slippery roads
- RRR: Douglas County residents react to possible recycling crisis
- Bethel residents react to homeless facility
- Eugene residents react to life expectancy report