LEBANON, Ore. -- A new ladder truck is the first new vehicle in the Lebanon Fire District’s history, and a ceremony was held Tuesday to push the truck into the apparatus bay to officially kick off its service.
Firefighters have been learning how to operate it since June when the new truck arrived.
Along with new safety features and driving capabilities, the new truck has a 107-foot ladder that could help combat fires on multi-story apartment buildings.
The Lebanon Fire District expects the truck to last for 20 to 30 years.
- Lebanon Fire District adds new ladder truck to fleet
- School bus hit by truck in Lebanon
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Lebanon family escapes house fire
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Lebanon
- Lebanon firefighters rescue dog, extinguish house fire
- House fire under investigation in Lebanon
- Fire burns deck of Lebanon home
- Lebanon house fire mostly contained to kitchen