LEBANON, Ore. -- Lebanon police arrested Mark William Chevalier, 40, of Lebanon for multiple sex crimes at about 4 a.m. Sunday after a report that images depicting child abuse were located on a digital device he owned.
Chevalier is accused of inappropriate contact with an underage female, police say. The alleged crimes took place at his residence inside the city limits. Authorities took him into custody at his residence without incident.
Chevalier has been charged with two counts of using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct, possession of material depicting sexually explicit conduct in the first degree, three counts of rape in the third degree, three counts of sex abuse in the third degree and sodomy in the third degree.
The minor female is known to Chevalier and has been identified, police say. At this time, the department is not aware of any other victims in the case.
Chevalier was taken to the Lebanon jail and later was transported to the Linn County jail.
The department says they have had multiple contacts with Chevalier over the years, dating back to 2006. Many of those contacts involved Chevalier reporting noise complaints, disturbances and suspicious circumstances. He is not listed as a suspect with the Lebanon Police Department in any other cases such as this incident.
The investigation is ongoing. Contact Lebanon Police Detective Sergeant Taylor Jackson with any information regarding the case.
- Lebanon man arrested for sex crimes
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Lebanon man accused of child sex abuse
- Winston man arrested for online sex crimes
- Wanted man arrested after pursuit in Lebanon
- Man charged with rape, sex abuse in Lebanon
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes
- Lebanon man killed in crash
- Two drug arrests made in Lebanon Wednesday
- Hash oil lab discovered in Lebanon, man arrested