SCIO, Ore. -- A Lebanon man is dead after a crash outside Scio Tuesday, the Linn County Sheriff's Office said.
At about 11 a.m., Carson Gary Ceboll, 18, was driving west on Fish Hatchery Drive in a 2000 Honda Odyssey mini-van when he lost control and rolled the vehicle into a tree.
Investigators said ice on the roadway was likely a factor. Ceboll was wearing his seatbelt and airbags deployed in the crash.
Ceboll was pronounced dead at the scene and was taken to Huston-Jost Funeral Home in Lebanon.
The Lebanon Fire Department, Scio Fire Department, Linn County Road Department and AA Towing assisted the sheriff’s office.
Sheriff Jim Yon said he’d like to remind drivers to be cautious during the cold winter months, as roads can be icy and dangerous even during dry conditions.
- Lebanon teen dies in crash on icy road outside Scio
- Drivers prepare for icy roads
- Tips for driving safely on icy roads
- Icy roads may cancel Springfield schools
- Lebanon man killed in crash
- 3 teens face charges after crash in Lebanon
- Concerns over icy conditions
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Principal at Lebanon school resigns