TOLEDO, Ore. -- Oregon State Police say a teenager from Toledo died in an early morning wreck on Highway 229.
Emergency responders say the crash was reported at 2:42 Friday morning. They said it happened at milepost 31, just north of the intersection with Highway 20 near Toledo.
Investigators said Carter Worden, 14, of Toledo was driving a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado southbound when the vehicle crossed the centerline and struck a tree on the east side of the highway.
Investigators said Worden, who lived with grandparents, took one of their vehicles during the night.
Toledo High School is providing grief counselors for anyone who would like support with this tragedy. Details can be found on the Toledo Jr/Sr High Boomers Facebook page.
- 14-year-old driver killed in Lincoln County crash
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Missing 14-year-old found safe in Springfield
- Driver arrested in crash that killed former Ducks player
- Medical emergency may have caused Lincoln City crash
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Eight killed in Harney County car crash
- Two Douglas County men killed in crash
- Linn County crash kills mother and child