SWEET HOME, Ore. -- The Linn County Sheriff's Office is investigating after a man was found dead near Sweet Home.
Deputies said a body was found inside a vehicle on a logging road off of Brush Creek Road.
A caller reported a vehicle that appeared to have crashed and a man was dead inside Wednesday afternoon.
Responding deputies confirmed Joseph Baker was a dead inside a 2012 Dodge pickup but determined a crash did not take place.
Baker, 37, had no obvious injuries or trauma which deputies said indicates homicidal violence. His cause of death has not been determined.
Detectives and the medical examiner are working on the case.
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Deputies investigate death in Glendale
- Deputies investigating death in Lebanon