EUGENE, Ore. -- Americans on Wednesday will mark the 18th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks with ceremonies at the three locations of the tragedy -- ground zero in New York City, the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
Locally, American Legion Post 10 in Albany will have a ceremony starting at 8:37 a.m. at the Albany Court House. David Solomon, a first responder who was in New York on Sept. 11, 2001, will be one of the guest speakers.
American Legion Post 83 in Eugene will hold a candlelight vigil starting at 7 p.m. at post headquarters, 3650 River Road in Eugene.
The third annual 9/11 Memorial Ride and Appreciation Event will depart at 12 p.m. According to Facebook it will start at the Eugene Police, Fire and EMS Training Facility at 1705 W. 2nd Avenue and end at the Oregon State DPSST facility in Salem.
For more information visit: http://bit.ly/2mcL06V.
- Local 9/11 memorial events scheduled
- Albany holds annual 9/11 memorial service
- Events planned for Memorial Day
- Scheduled SNAP changes worry local food banks
- Beavers Release Wrestling Schedule
- US marks 9/11 with somber tributes
- House approves 9/11 victims bill, sends it to Senate
- 9/11 attack tied to cardiovascular risk in firefighters, study says
- Veterans Day events, closures
- Oregon releases 2018 track & field schedule