EUGENE, Ore. -- The nonprofit Bags of Love was given a check Wednesday for more than $5,000.
The organization serves kids in crisis situations like abuse, neglect and homelessness.
The money was raised by a group of local businesses, including the Good Feet Store, Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union, Sheppard Motors, and KEZI.
Pacific Cascade collected donations online and in their banks, and Sheppard Motors matched $2,000.
“It’s absolutely wonderful to have support in the community, to be able to grow and improve the lives of the children in it,” Bags of Love Board President Geir Lefaive said. “It’s just fantastic. We couldn’t be happier to have support like that from local businesses.”
- Local businesses give more than $5K to nonprofit Bags of Love
- Bags of Love preparing items to give out to children
- Marathon Monday: Runners Support Local Nonprofits
- Students raise donations for Bags of Love fundraiser
- Local nonprofit hosts New Year's Eve fundraiser for youth
- Local nonprofit teaches parents how to recognize sexual predators
- Local nonprofit holds fundraiser for maternal mental health
- Local nonprofit partners with Lowe's to build beds for kids
- Nonprofit addresses growing youth mental health crisis
- Nonprofit looking to buy Springfield restaurant