LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Jarod Lucas hit a 3-pointer with 1.8 seconds left and Oregon State withstood Alfonso Plummer's conference-record 11 3-pointers to beat Utah 71-69 in the opening round of the Pac-12 tournament. No. 8 seed Utah led by 14 early in the second half behind Plummer. Making his second start in place of Rylan Jones, the junior guard was one shy of Klay Thompson's tournament record of eight 3-pointers in the first half. He finished 11 of 16 from the arc overall to score 35 points. The Beavers had the ball down 69-68 and Lucas knocked down a corner 3 on a kickout pass from Tres Tinkle.
Freshman Jarod Lucas hits game winner as OSU moves on to play Oregon in the quarterfinals of the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament.
Posted: Mar 11, 2020 5:43 PM
- Lucas hits game winner, OSU advances in Pac-12 tournament
- Pac-12 Basketball tournament canceled
- Oregon advances to Pac-12 Championship Game
- Ducks take Pac-12 crown, advance to NCAA Tournament
- Ducks win ovetime thriller, advance to Pac-12 title game
- OSU games postponed
- Pac-12 sees two game cancellations
- Hoops Roundup: Pritchard hits game-winner against UW, OSU falls in Pullman
- Oregon men's hoops set for Pac-12 Tournament
- Pet of the Week: Luca
Scroll for more content...