EUGENE, Ore. -- Walmart officials announced Thursday that they are investing in the future of retail in Oregon by spending $25 million dollars on upgrades and new technologies.
The plans for Oregon Walmart stores include:
- 5 store remodels
- Free Grocery Pickup service coming to 8 stores
- Grocery Delivery coming to 8 stores
- 6 Walmart Pickup Towers going up
- 13 stores will receive automated floor scrubbers
- 15 stores will receive a new automated delivery
The local locations that are included in the remodel are the Walmart in Albany on Goldfish Farm Road, the store in Eugene on West 11th Avenue and the one in Lebanon on South Santiam Highway.