EUGENE, Ore. -- The suspect in Saturday's terrifying and bloody attack on River Avenue made his first court appearance Monday.
Brandon Combs, 30, is accused of slashing Paul Eubank across his chest and left arm with a large bladed weapon, such as a hatchet or machete, during a dispute over a shopping cart.
Police arrested Combs on Sunday. He has been charged with first-degree assault.
Combs is scheduled to be back in court on Oct. 30.
ALSO READ: WITNESSES SPEAK OUT AFTER ALLEGED SLASHING
KEZI 9 News has reached out to local hospitals to find out Eubank's condition but he is not listed as a patient.
- Man accused in Eugene slashing makes first court appearance
- Oregon man accused of slashing another man in face, neck
- Man accused of stabbing dog appears in court
- Man accused of YouTube employee threats appears in court
- Oregon man accused of hate-crime stabbing appears in court
- Eugene Municipal Court making changes amid coronavirus
- Police identify man arrested in slashing
- Eugene police investigate after tires slashed on PeaceHealth bikes
- Roseburg teen accused of killing foster family appears in court
- Slash burns planned near Tiller