LANE COUNTY, Ore. – A man is accused of sexually abusing a boy in Lane County, and he’s been convicted of the same charge before.
Prosecutors said James Hassler abused a boy under 14 years old between 2013 and 2014.
Hassler made his first court appearance Monday and did not enter a plea.
He will be back in court Nov. 26 for a pre-trial conference.
In 1988, Hassler was convicted of sex abuse and sentenced to 90 days in jail and six years of probation.
- Man accused of sexually abusing child in Lane County
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse
- Lane County man sentenced for sexually abusing a child
- Junction City man accused of sexually abusing foster child
- Camas Valley man accused of child sexual abuse
- Eugene man charged with child sexual abuse
- Lebanon man accused of child sex abuse
- Douglas County man accused of rape, sexual abuse of minor
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner