PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A man has been arrested on suspicion of intentionally setting fires in downtown Portland.
Portland Fire and Rescue said investigators believe Jack Edward Vandorin Young started more than 20 fires since March 8. Nine or 10 of those fires were started in the west part of downtown on March 8 and 9.
KOIN reports that arson investigators have been tracking the suspect since he was caught on surveillance video on March 1 allegedly setting off false fire alarms.
Young was arrested Sunday evening and charged with two counts of arson. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
- Man accused of starting more than 20 fires in Portland
- Police ID woman accused of firing at Portland officer
- Trial begins for Portland man accused of killing daughter
- Man accused of hate crime after attack in Portland
- Former Portland mayor accused of sexual harassment
- Man accused of starting a fire in a Roseburg Safeway
- California authorities arrest man accused of starting Klamathon Fire
- Portland hotel fires 2 employees who 'mistreated' black man