COOS BAY, Ore. – A 43-year-old man was arrested after allegedly threatening a woman with a knife and dragging her through a house.
Joe Boyce is in the Coos County Jail. He faces charges of menacing, unlawful use of a weapon, domestic harassment, coercion and tampering with evidence.
On July 31st around 10 p.m. deputies were dispatched to the 92700 block of Cooly Lane in Coos Bay for a disturbance involving a man allegedly in possession of a knife and possibly a gun.
Investigators said a woman was allegedly threatened, thrown down and dragged through the house by Boyce.
He allegedly had a large hunting knife, and the woman said she feared for her life. They said Boyce tried to hide the knife before deputies arrived.
Before Boyce was taken to jail, he was taken to the Bay Area Hospital for mental evaluation.
- Man accused of threatening woman with knife in Coos Bay
- Man accused of kidnapping woman in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- Man accused of strangling dog in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday