Powers, Ore. -- A North Bend man is facing several charges after deputies say he assaulted five people over an Xbox.
A deputy with the Coos County Sheriff's Office said Robert Finder told him he went to a home in Powers on Tuesday because he gave an Xbox to a child and the child's mother refused to let the child play with it.
Deputies said Finder assaulted two female adult relatives and two male juvenile relatives trying to get the Xbox back. They said he also used physical force and an improvised weapon when he tried to assault a neighbor who intervened to break up the fight.
Finder was taken to Coquille Valley Hospital to be treated for a concussion.
Deputies said when they interviewed him at the hospital he told them people at the home assaulted him. They said he became upset and argumentative when he found out he could be charged with several crimes.
They said he tried to leave the hospital before being seen by medical personnel when he found out he was going to be taken into custody. The deputy chased after him and with the assistance of a Coquille police officer stopped him and took him into custody.
Deputies said Finder physically resisted the arrest and remained uncooperative during the remainder of the process. They said they had to use physical force to force him into the police car and he spit on the deputy.
Finder was arrested and lodged on 13 criminal charges.
- Man arrested after fight over Xbox
- Officials: Man gets into fight with deputy, gets arrested
- SPD: Man on meth arrested, tried fighting officers
- Man stabbed during fight in downtown Eugene
- 1 person arrested, 1 person injured after fight in Eugene
- 1 arrested after early morning fight in Eugene
- Sheriff: Woman arrested following fight over fish called Lucifer
- Police tase and arrest man
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Florence man arrested for murder