SUTHERLIN, Ore. – A man was arrested Friday night after shots were fired in a neighborhood.
Around 10:30 p.m., neighbors living near Sunny Court reported hearing gunshots. When officers arrived on the scene, they said they heard more gunshots. Shortly after, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and Oregon State Police arrived to assist the Sutherlin Police Department.
Police said the shots were coming from the home of 49-year-old Jeffrey Howard Jones. They said he was highly intoxicated and was arrested without incident.
Officers believed Jones was shooting into the wooded area behind his house.
Jones is currently being held at the Douglas County Jail and is facing charges of unlawful use of a weapon, reckless endangering and disorderly conduct.
- Man arrested after shots fired in Sutherlin neighborhood
- Sutherlin man arrested in child prostitution sting
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Man accused of online sexual corruption arrested at Sutherlin motel
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Traffic stop on I-5 leads to meth arrest in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin creates working group to discuss fire services
- Fire causes extensive damage to Stop-N-Shop in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin credit union robbed Friday night
- Students surprise Sutherlin Police with handmade card