SALEM, Ore. (AP) - A 36-year-old Salem man has been indicted in the shooting death of a 17-year-old high school student in Salem.
The Statesman Journal reports that a Marion County grand jury on Thursday indicted Pedro Segura of Salem with a charge of murder and three counts of unlawful use of a weapon.
Authorities say McKay High School student Alfredo "Junior" Hernandez died in late January after being shot in the head.
Segura is being held on $500,000 bail at the Marion County Jail. It's not clear from online records if he has an attorney.
- Man arrested following shooting death of high school student
- Man held without bail following high school student's death
- Roseburg High School student arrested after threat found
- Beaverton police arrest coach accused of luring high school student
- Man sentenced for misconduct with high school students
- Man arrested in Newport shooting
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes
- Oregon man arraigned in wife's shooting death
- Washington man arrested on suspicion of school shooting plan
- Student at Roseburg High School arrested for involvement in school threat