SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A man reported missing out of Eugene was arrested on an active warrant after a struggle with police Wednesday morning, authorities said.
Police said they responded to reports Olallie Stahl-Wellborn, 19, was suicidal and in possession of a handgun at around 3 a.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Walmart, 2659 Olympic St.
An officer attempted to contact the man, who was sitting in the front passenger seat of his vehicle, but he refused to get out when asked, police said.
Then, officers set up patrol cars in front of and behind Stahl-Wellborn to prevent him from driving away, they said. After 20 minutes of talking, the man agreed to get out of the car, but instead, he got into the driver's seat and rammed into the patrol cars, police said.
Police said they broke the driver's window out and sent police dog Gryff through the window to assist with taking Stahl-Wellborn into custody. Stahl-Wellborn hit Gryff several times in the head, police said. Officers entered the vehicle using the passenger side and removed Stahl-Wellborn from the car, and he was taken into custody after a brief struggle.
Police said they found a loaded handgun, digital scale and many packages of heroin and methamphetamine.
Before being lodged at the Lane County Jail, Stahl-Wellborn was treated at a hospital for minor injuries.
Police said he admitted he was trying to get police to kill him.
Stahl-Wellborn faces charges of resisting arrest, seven counts of reckless endangering, delivery and possesion of heroin and meth, unlawful possession of a firearm, the obliteration of the identification number on a firearm, reckless driving, interfering with a law enforcement animal and interfering with police.
He was wanted for failing to appear on a disorderly conduct charge, police said.
- Man arrested in Springfield after struggle with police
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment
- Springfield police make arrest in 2015 murder
- Springfield police: Craigslist scammer evades arrest
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Police chase ends in Springfield arrest
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Springfield police arrest man considered armed and dangerous
- Springfield police arrest man accused of forgery, identity theft