EUGENE, Ore. -- The man accused of manslaughter in the death of a former Ducks player is back in the Lane County Jail.
According to court documents, Pedro Chavarin Jr. violated the conditions of his security release agreement, which he signed June 22, 2018. They say Chavarin failed a breathalyzer test on Aug. 31.
Police said in April last year Chavarin drove drunk and crashed his car near Autzen Stadium. Chavarin allegedly told police he was the sole occupant of the vehicle, but a passerby found the body of Fotu Leiato, 21, nearby several hours after the crash scene was cleared.
Chavarin was initially taken to the hospital and cited for driving under the influence, but police arrested Chavarin and charged him with first-degree manslaughter following further investigation.
Chavarin was not allowed to have or drink alcohol. Court documents say Chavarin must forfeit his $100,000 security and was required to surrender to the court.
He was booked into the Lane County Jail on Sept. 10.
- Man arrested in former Ducks player's death back in jail
- Driver arrested in crash that killed former Ducks player
- Colt Lyerla in trouble again: Former Ducks football player arrested
- Duck baseball players ready for Wasikowski Era
- UO football player arrested
- Video shows Duck fans throwing objects at Cardinal players
- Oregon Duck football players visit Harrisburg teen injured in crash
- Man accused in fatal DUI back to jail following ICE arrest
- Ducks win exhibition game
- 2 more employees charged in Missouri duck boat deaths