SWEET HOME, Ore. -- A man is dead after a shooting near Sweet Home.
Linn County Sheriff Jim Yon said at about 5:23 Saturday morning, the Linn County dispatch center received a 911 call from Cheri Lyn Olsen. They said she told them her boyfriend had been shot on Wiley Creek Road, near Sweet Home.
The Sheriff's Office said paramedics, police officers and deputies all responded and met with Olsen as she was driving towards Sweet Home.
Paramedics took 50-year-old Dean Paul Jurica to the Samaritan Lebanon Community Hospital, where they said he succumbed to his injury.
The investigation is ongoing and they're asking anyone with information to call the Linn County Sheriff's Office.
- Man dead after shooting near Sweet Home
- Man arrested after fatal shooting in Sweet Home
- Driver dead after Highway 20 crash near Sweet Home
- Sweet Home Police make identity theft arrest
- OSP trooper honored in Sweet Home
- Police investigate crash in Sweet Home
- Sweet Home mother arrested for alleged child abuse
- 8 people arrested in Sweet Home drug bust
- Two arrested, two others sought in Sweet Home vehicle theft
- Troopers arrest felon for wildlife offenses in Sweet Home