MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) -- A 52-year-old man has been denied bail after his arrest on murder and other charges in connection with the death of his estranged wife who was found in a burning trailer north of Medford.
The Mail Tribune reports Kevin Hicks Sr. was arraigned on charges of murder, arson and abuse of a corpse in Jackson County Circuit Court Monday in the death of 49-year-old Tammy Raye Hicks.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says the death has been ruled a homicide.
Firefighters responded Saturday to the fire in Sams Valley. The caller reported that a woman was inside.
The sheriff's office says the couple separated after Kevin Hicks was arrested in 2017 and accused of assaulting his wife.
He was arrested at the scene.
It wasn't immediately known if Hicks has a lawyer.
- Man denied bail after wife found dead in trailer fire
- Judge denies bail for Salem man charged in bar shooting
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Missing Florence man found dead
- Missing man found dead in Lane County
- Police: Missing man found dead on shoreline
- Man found dead in Amazon Creek identified
- Trailer fire leaves Yoncalla couple without home
- Man held without bail following high school student's death
- Oregon man arraigned in wife's shooting death