SEASIDE, Ore. -- Oregon State Police are investigating a single vehicle crash along Highway 101 that left one man dead.
OSP said Seaside officers were called to a home Saturday morning.
Short Caption here
When they arrived, a woman driving Dodge Durango came at them. Officials tried to stop her but lost her.
They said the woman eventually lost control and plowed through a bus stop shelter, jumped another sidewalk and hit a lamppost.
Officers said they found one pedestrian dead and another was taken to the hospital with critical injuries.
The driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and was released.
Police said they are not yet releasing names but they are working with the district attorney's office on possible criminal charges.
- Man dies after being struck by SUV on Highway 101
- Man struck and killed by SUV near Camas Valley
- Skateboarder struck and killed by SUV in southern Oregon
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- Two die in crash on Highway 101 near North Bend
- In The Garden: Filberts 101
- Albany man struck and killed by train
- Measure 101 easily passes in special election