UPDATE: The Benton County Sheriff's Office has identified the drowning victim as Matthew Mark Schill, 34, of Corvallis.
The investigation is ongoing, but the sheriff's office said the death doesn't appear to be suspicious.
Deputies with the Linn County dive team assisted, along with the Benton County Marine Boat.
MONROE, Ore. -- A man is dead after drowning in the Willamette River near Monroe.
The Benton County Sheriff’s Office said this happened around 2 p.m. Monday at Irish Bend County Park, about 15 miles south of Corvallis.
Deputies said a group of kids were swimming when one of their adult supervisors started struggling in the water. They said he went under and did not resurface.
After a search, investigators found the 34-year-old man’s body. His name has not yet been released.
Deputies said they are investigating but don’t think the death was suspicious.
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Swimmer rescued from Willamette River
- River Guardians cleaning up the Willamette River
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene
- Community celebrated Willamette River at festival Saturday
- Portland sewage flows into Willamette River
- Missing canoeist found dead in Willamette River
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Hundreds volunteer to clean up Willamette River