Photo Gallery 3 Images
TILLAMOOK, Ore. -- The body of a Colorado teen missing for over a week was found in the surf on Friday morning, according to Oregon State Police. Officials say the body was found at Rockaway Beach around 11 a.m and was later identified as Samuel Vicente Allen. The body was recovered one half mile from where he was last seen on June 6.
The U.S. Coast Guard suspended its search for Allen June 8, two days after he and his father, Robert Joseph Allen dissapearred off the Oregon Coast while boogie boarding after he was hit by a wave. He was found dead just a half mile away nine days later
The teen's step-mother called 911, and his father jumped in to help. Father and son were both swept out to sea.
The Coast Guard said in a press release that on June 6 the boy's father, 50-year-old Robert Joseph Allen, drowned while trying to rescue his son, Samuel Vicente Allen.
The elder Allen's body was recovered by a rescue swimmer but he could not be resuscitated.
The Coast Guard says the teen's stepmother called 911 about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday to say both her husband and stepson had disappeared in the surf.
The family is from Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Body of missing snowshoer found on Mount Rainier
- Deputies identify body found in Albany as missing man
- Body of missing fisherman found on Oregon beach
- Authorities believe body found in Dayton is missing woman
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River