CORVALLIS, Ore. – An Albany man now faces a murder charge following the death of the victim who was taken off life support Tuesday.
According to the Corvallis Police Department, 49-year-old Than Kim of Albany, has been charged with murder.
Officers said Kim assaulted Mitch Dong on December 5, 2017 at the Corvallis Nails and Spa located at 2321 NW Kings Blvd. Kim was initially arrested on numerous charges including attempted murder. However, on Tuesday Dong died while at an area hospital.
According to court documents, Dong was having an extramarital affair with Kim’s wife. Police said Kim walked into a nail salon and saw them having sex. They said he then assaulted him with a baseball bat and a knife. Officers said Kim initially told them he was only defending himself, but then he described the attack to them. Police said they asked Kim to describe his emotions during the assault. Court documents show he told them he felt “closure.”
Kim is currently booked at the Benton County Jail on $3,000,000. bail.
- Man faces murder charge after victim dies following assault
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Eugene Teacher Faces Assault Charges
- Man faces murder charges in Coquille
- Police: Masked man steals SUV, faces attempted murder charge
- Murder victim identified
- Nursing home faces lawsuit after man dies
- Homeless man faces murder charges in connection to the death of a Springfield man
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting