COQUILLE, Ore. – A man is facing murder charges in Coos County after police said they found a dead body in a home with him.
A grand jury indicted Manuel Delgado, 35, Friday morning.
He is accused of stabbing Gregory Durham last weekend in a home on Southeast Third Avenue in Coquille. Police said he was staying at the home with Durham when it happened.
Officers said Delgado also assaulted a third man in the home, Michael Lucas. Lucas showed up with injuries at the Coquille Valley Hospital and told police what happened.
Police said they went to the home and found Delgado asleep in a bedroom, then found Durham’s body in the bathroom.
Delgado was initially arrested on assault charges and named as a person of interest in the murder case.
He is expected to be in court to face the murder charges on Monday.
- Man faces murder charges in Coquille
- Police searching for Coquille man charged with sex abuse
- Coquille man dies in rollover crash
- Coquille assault suspect also person of interest in murder investigation
- Suspect in Coquille hammer attack caught
- Crews battle house fire in Coquille
- Structure fire in Coquille under investigation
- Coquille residents react to overturned manslaughter conviction
- Police: Masked man steals SUV, faces attempted murder charge
- Man faces murder charge after victim dies following assault