Photo Gallery 1 Images
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. – A Brookings man was found alive Monday afternoon. George Gower spent three nights outside after he crashed his car Friday night near Applegate Lake, south of Medford.
Saturday, the Jackson County Sheriff's Office got a report of an upside-down SUV off the road. The driver was not in the car. Deputies and search and rescue combed the area near the crash, and brought in a helicopter to try to locate the driver. Deputies determined the vehicle belonged to 69-year-old George Gower.
They released his description, in hopes someone would have information on his whereabouts. Monday afternoon a citizen reported seeing a man matching Gower’s description several miles from the location where his vehicle crashed Friday night. A JCSO deputy located Gower and transported him to the search and rescue command post. An ambulance transported him to a nearby hospital.
- Man found alive after car crash and three nights outside
- Missing Eugene woman found alive
- Missing snowboarder found alive in southern Oregon
- Missing Springfield woman found alive following disturbing texts
- Missing woman found Wednesday night
- Car crashes into hotel room
- Missing Springfield man found
- Puppy found alive in rubble one month after Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas
- California woman was found alive inside her snow-covered vehicle after weeklong search
- Salem man sentenced for crashing motor home into patrol cars