JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. – A 23-year-old man died while skiing on Mt. Ashland Saturday after reportedly colliding with a tree.
Officials responded to the accident around 1:30 p.m. It happened on the south side of the mountain outside the boundaries of the Mt. Ashland Ski Area.
Deputies said the man was a member of the Mt. Ashland Ski Patrol and was part of a group of ski patrol members skiing in the backcountry.
The name of the man has not been released.
- Ski patrol member killed in skiing accident on Mt. Ashland
- Ski patrol member who died on Mt. Ashland identified
- Mt. Hood Meadows ski patroller hurt in avalanche
- Ski shop owner optimistic about ski season despite dry weather
- Saving Santiam Pass Ski Lodge
- Hoodoo Ski Area to open Friday
- Eugene ski shop sees spike in business
- Eugene woman dies in accident on Mt. Bachelor
- Permits Signed to Bring Back Santiam Pass Ski Lodge
- $20,000 state grant will help renovate historic ski lodge