NORTH BEND, Ore. -- A passenger who was reportedly suffering heart complications on board the cruise ship Norwegian Joy was hoisted off the ship by the Coast Guard on Tuesday.
The cruise ship was 33 miles west of Coos Bay.
The 61-year-old man was flown to RiverBend Hospital in Springfield just before 2 p.m.
The condition of the man is unknown.
This man is the second person to be evacuated off the Norwegian Joy this week.
On Monday, the Coast Guard in Washington at Neah Bay medically evacuated a 71-year-old man from the cruise ship.
- Man medically evacuated off cruise ship near Coos Bay
- Tall ships plan Astoria, Coos Bay visits after Newport snub
- Woman with kidney failure airlifted from cruise near Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man escapes house fire in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- Coos Bay deputies arrest bank robbery suspect
- Coos Bay couple killed in house fire
- Fire destroyed house in Coos Bay Sunday