EUGENE, Ore. - A man who said he was shot in the arm Sunday night near a Eugene grocery store is shared his story with KEZI 9 News.
It happened near the Albertsons on Royal Avenue, around 8:00 p.m. at the Heron Meadows apartment complex near the corner of Unthank Street and Throne Drive.
The victim, Jesse Chisholm, claimed it was a random act of violence that he didn't see coming.
Chisholm said he left his apartment to go on a walk when a man with a gun approached him.
He said the man was initially hiding by a bush in an unlit area when he shot him in the arm.
Chisholm said he ran in the opposite direction and called the police.
"I'm really glad it was me and not a lady walking her kids or some kids out playing," said Chisholm. "You know, they are still out at that time of night even though it is dark, it's not super late. I'm glad it's me and not somebody else."
Chisholm said he did not know the man and there were no altercations leading up to the shooting.
Police said they searched with a K9 unit but found no evidence at the crime scene.
Officers are still looking for the suspect and ask that anyone with information about this case, to please call them.
- Man shot near Eugene Albertson's shares his story
- Eugene police search for suspect in shooting near Albertsons
- Crews respond to fire at Springfield Albertsons
- Albertsons Companies asks customers to not openly carry in stores
- Eugene bike share station vandalized
- Eugene bike share program booming
- Robbery victim shares her traumatic story
- Walton stabbing victim shares story of survival
- Bicycle sharing company coming to Eugene
- Eugene Airport shares holiday travel tips