COQUILLE, Ore. -- Deputies say 46-year-old Richard Dockery of Coquille stopped at the liquor store while driving an injured 7-year-old to the hospital.
They say a truck and an SUV driven by Dockery were involved in a crash yesterday on Fishtrap and Arago Fishtrap roads. The woman driving the truck suffered minor injuries.
When they arrived, deputies say Dockery had already left for the hospital to get treatment for his child passenger.
They say Dockery was drunk at the time of the crash and he stopped by a convenience store to get more alcohol on his way to the hospital.
The child was taken to Riverbend in Springfield with serious injuries.
- Deputies: man makes beer run with injured child in car
- Deputies locate missing Oakland man's car
- Deputies: Lebanon man admits to downloading child porn
- Infant killed, child injured in Oregon crash
- Portland jury awards nearly $2M to man injured by car
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- The world's biggest beer company is looking at making cannabis drinks
- Deputy fires at man trying to run him over at a Columbia River Gorge trailhead
- Woman seriously injured in Dexter hit-and-run
- Pedestrian seriously injured in hit-and-run on Lincoln Street