OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) – According to the FBI a 62-year-old man sought in connection with a series of alleged sex assaults on children 23 years ago has surrendered himself to the Oregon City Police Department, Oregonlive.com/The Oregonian reported.
The FBI said Wayne Arthur Silsbee, who turned himself in Friday, was wanted for his alleged involvement in incidents of sexual assault involving girls who were between the ages of 8 and 10 at the time of the offenses, the newspaper reported.
In a news release the FBI said Saturday that the alleged assaults occurred between September 1995 and April 1996 in Clackamas County. The agency said Silsbee was acquainted with each of the victims.
The Oregonian reports, that an arrest warrant for Silsbee was issued in Clackamas County in 1996.
That same year the FBI obtained a federal arrest warrant charging him with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution.
- Man wanted in connection to sex assaults in Oregon turns self in
- Wanted man turns himself in
- Florence man turns in assault rifles
- Reedsport man arrested in connection with two sexual assaults
- Oregon Connections Academy students explore CTE opportunities
- Man wanted for alleged sex abuse at Eugene mall
- Snowbound Oregon man calls for help, arrested on sex charges
- Troopers search for wanted man in Southern Oregon
- Mavs owner Mark Cuban denies 2011 sex assault allegation
- Man arrested in connection with Corvallis fires