PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A man who showed up at a party naked and groped a woman has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
Robert Roy Engelsman was sentenced Thursday in Multnomah County Circuit Court.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reported that he told the judge he wasn't acting normally the night of June 25 because he was drunk and had sniffed glue.
The 43-year-old man said he thought he heard his ex-girlfriend's voice inside the house.
Authorities say Engelsman came into the house visibly aroused, lifted up a woman's skirt and pressed himself against her.
He pleaded no contest to first-degree burglary and attempted first-degree sexual abuse.
Multnomah County Circuit Judge Gregory Silver noted that Engelsman had a history of drug abuse and said he needs to make changes in his life.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man who entered stranger's party naked sentenced to prison
- Man sentenced to prison for 2011 rape
- Man sentenced to life in prison again for 2010 murder
- Oregon man sentenced to prison for attack on deputy
- Oregon man sentenced to prison for 2016 attack on prostitute
- Deportee who attacked Oregon women sentenced for entering US
- Naked man near Eugene schools is causing discomfort with parents
- Naked passenger forces plane back to Anchorage
- Police: Teen almost abducted by stranger
- Labor strike enters day six