MARCOLA, Ore. – A home is a total loss after a fire in the Marcola area Friday morning.
Firefighters with the Mohawk Valley Rural Fire District responded to the 92000 block of Maple Lane off of Marcola Road at about 10:30 a.m. Only one of the residents was home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.
The fire was under control in ten minutes and was contained to the ceiling around the fireplace and the bathroom. Smoke had spread throughout the home.
Fire officials said the old double-wide manufactured home will be a total loss, but the building is still standing.
The home did not have working smoke alarms. Residents are reminded to make sure they have working smoke alarms in their homes.
The investigation is ongoing.