UPDATE -- The Marion County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man as Jonathan Liesch, 27, of Lyons.
Liesch was found in a pond on property he was living on in the 20000 block of Fern Ridge Road SE.
The investigation is ongoing, and the sheriff’s office is looking to speak with anyone who may have spoken with or seen Liesch over the weekend.
LYONS, Ore. (AP) -- Law enforcement officials are investigating after a man was found dead in a pond near his home in Lyons.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to the scene Saturday afternoon after the body was found. Detectives also responded to the scene because the circumstances of his death are suspicious.
No other details were released about the man's death. The sheriff's office will release more information after an autopsy is performed.
An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Deputies investigate death in Glendale
- Deputies investigating death in Lebanon
- Marion County deputy arrested on theft, misconduct charges
- Arrested Marion County deputy accused of stealing shotguns
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device