EUGENE, Ore. -- After 28 years in Eugene, McGrath’s Fish House closed Friday at the Valley River Center
Owner John McGrath said there have been more restaurants added in front of the mall and the cost of labor has gone up in the past few years.
McGrath said the location wasn’t profitable anymore.
Many in the area were sad to hear the news.
“I’m very sad and not sure where else to go because it’s proximity to the mall is wonderful, too, so normally, in the past, we didn’t have to travel far after shopping,” Eugene resident Lynn Rivas said.
McGrath said they have offered jobs at other locations to all of their employees. McGrath still operates seven other restaurants, located in Corvallis, Medford, Milwaukie, Salem, Beaverton, Vancouver, Washington., and Boise, Idaho.
- McGrath's Fish House closes at Valley River Center after 28 years
- Elmer’s Restaurant to open at former McGrath’s Fish House in Eugene
- Valley River Center announces major overhaul
- Police: Man at Valley River Center pulls gun on teenagers
- Valley River Inn under new ownership
- Two face theft charges after being arrested at Valley River Center
- People on alert after two brazen incidents near Valley River Center
- Bowling alley rolls into former Gottschalks space at Valley River Center
- Umpqua Valley Warming Center to be closed this winter in Roseburg
- Dam fish recovery project could empty Detroit Lake for years