MCKENZIE RIVER, Ore. -- If you were driving on the McKenzie Highway and caught the area smelling just lovely that's because the 11th annual McKenzie River Lavender Festival is this weekend.
The small lavender farm just off of the highway belongs to Carol Tannenbaum.
She started this festival 11 years ago after planting half an acre of lavender on her property and deciding she wanted to share that with the community .
She says when she started the festival 11 years ago she estimates 50 people came.
Now she says there are more than 50 vendors, most of them being from this area, and selling local goods
The festival goes until Sunday and begins at 11 A.M.
- McKenzie River Lavender hosts 11th annual Lavender Festival
- EWEB hosts annual Spill Drill training on McKenzie River
- Eugene hosts 3rd annual Willamette River Festival
- Man rescued from McKenzie River
- Toppled trees block section of McKenzie River
- McKenzie River reopens after oil spill
- McKenzie River reopens following oil spill
- Firefighters rescue young kayakers in McKenzie River
- McKenzie Fire hosts disaster preparedness meeting
- Woman's body found in car pulled out of McKenzie River