Photo Gallery 4 Images
ASHLAND, Ore. (KDRV) – Jackson County Sheriff's deputies say a Medford man fell to his death Wednesday night while hiking along Lost Falls trail northeast of Ashland. The Search and Rescue tactical rope rescue team recovered his body at the bottom of a 100-foot, steep cliff.
Deputies say just after 8 p.m. a woman called dispatch saying a man had fallen off that trail. She had to hike to another area to get cell phone service in order to call 911. Deputies, Ashland Fire-Resuce and Mercy flights arrived to the scene. Deputies say the man was found dead in the water at the bottom of the cliff.
The victim was identified as Michael Kent Brewster, 63, of Medford. His family has been notified of his death.
Search and Rescue went back to the scene Thursday morning to recover Brewster’s body during daylight hours. An investigator with the Jackson County Medical Examiner’s Office went with SAR during the recovery effort. The cause and manner of death is under investigation.
- Medford man falls to his death while hiking near Ashland
- Man charged with murder in Medford shooting death
- Klamath Falls man sentenced to 15 years in beating death
- Cops mistakenly arrest and jail a man in Ashland
- Eugene postpones proposed parking fee hikes downtown
- Bandon man dies after falling at Toketee Falls
- Gun violence spikes in Medford
- Medford man accused of sexually abusing middle school-aged girls
- Medford man admits to fatally beating girlfriend's father