LOWELL, Ore. -- A 62-year-old man who was reported missing after going canoeing down the Willamette River was found dead Thursday afternoon.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office said Kenneth Swanson's body was found on Thursday after a boater reported seeing something unusual in the water between the Pengra boat launch and Jasper Bridge. He did not have a life jacket on when he was found, authorities said.
Swanson went missing on July 23. He had last been seen at the Pengra boat launch near Lowell at 8:30 a.m., and friends reported him missing at 9 p.m. that day when they didn't hear from him.
Lane County Search and Rescue and Marine Patrol and the Eugene Fire Department searched the river the next morning from the Pengra boat launch to Brown’s Landing but didn’t find Swanson.
His boat was found in the river on Saturday.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
- Missing canoeist found dead in Willamette River
- Deputies looking for missing canoeist on Willamette River
- UPDATE: Body found in Willamette identified as missing canoeist
- Water teams search for missing canoeist in McKenzie River
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene
- Missing woman's truck found in Willamette River, officials say
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Swimmer rescued from Willamette River
- Willamette River drowning victim identified