REEDSPORT, Ore. – A man reported missing Thursday morning out of Douglas County was found Friday afternoon in a very steep and rocky area with thick brush and heavy timber near Loon Lake.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said they got reports that 65-year-old Juan Pitcher of Reedsport had gotten lost while out mushroom picking in the Elliot State Forest off of Elk Ridge Road Thursday.
When deputies were first dispatched along with search and rescue to the area, they said they did not find signs of Pitcher.
Crews searched until nightfall Thursday and then resumed Friday morning.
The sheriff’s office said that around noon on Friday they began to hear a voice respond coming deep within the canyon, and it was the voice of a man.
Search and rescue got to Pitcher at around 1 p.m. on Friday. They said he was found in poor condition.
Pitcher was flown out of the area by U.S. Coast Guard and then taken to the Bay Area Hospital.
- Missing mushroom hunter found in Douglas County
- Missing mushroom pickers found unharmed
- UPDATE: Missing hunters found safe
- Mushroom picker found after getting lost
- Vehicle of missing Eugene man found at Douglas County lake
- Search for missing duck hunter suspended
- Eugene hosts world largest mushroom festival
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Father and daughter reported missing in Douglas County